Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A quick DIY for your garbage disposal!

So about a week ago there was this stench coming from my kitchen I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. After Further inspection it was the garbage disposal! Ugh! So gross! Well, this called for some Pinterest research and I found an awesome and super cheap I might ad fix to this smelly problem.


Things you will need

Ice cube tray
 Vinegar

2 Lemons



Start off by cutting your lemons into small wedges (small enough to fit nicely into each ice cube tray section). You then take a slice and put one into each hole. Gwen my oldest one loved this part she was so eager to put them so neatly in each section. Next pour the vinegar over the lemon slices in each slot. Put in freezer until frozen, and VOILA! You have these cute little deodorizer cubes for your garbage disposal. Just run hot water and put one down the shoot and let it rip! Smells so fresh and clean! I stored all of the cubes in a huge ziploc freezer bag and whenever I need a refresher I just pop one of these bad boys in the sink. This whole thing costed me $2 and I made 2 batches of cubes. Hope this was helpful! It's always the little things that make a difference. Tony makes fun because small things like this I get easily excited about haha! I couldn't wait for him to get home so I could show him what his little house wife had done bahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment